Fleet vehicles are owned by big businesses and companies. Vehicles like trucks, taxis, and vans come under this. An efficient fleet management system allows a company to keep a record of drivers and destinations. It helps a company to keep track of all vehicles and their maintenance costs. It provides help in vehicle insurance and proper licensing. The more efficient fleet management is, the more successful the company will be.Read More
Reasons to manage a fleet:
1. Provides business details: Managing a fleet makes it easy for a business to keep a record of all things which are important for a company. Information like employee documents, travel records, and total fuel consumed are kept recorded.
2. Helps in managing heavy vehicles: If a company’s fleet is well managed, then it can manage its heavy-duty vehicles efficiently. Company vehicles like vans, taxis, and trucks could be managed easily.
3. Makes room for fewer errors: If most of a company’s information is stored in databases, then it helps in causing no human errors. Various trucking maintenance software help in storing data from time to time after making a delivery.
4. No room for arguments or confusion: The good management of a system guarantees that there will be no clashes between the employees. As every worker knows his or her job, there will be no confusion and everyone will manage to do their work on time.
5. Helps in empowering the company. Good administration helps a company to work smoothly which in turn helps in increasing sales and earning profits.
How to ensure the smooth running of your fleet:
1. Keeping all records: A company should ensure all types of records are kept in its databases. Various records ranging from employee details and products sold must be stored by the business.
2. Checking timely maintenance: A company should ensure that all of its vehicles are in good condition. From time to time service of the vehicles must be done. Various fleet management softwares are available which provide timely reminders for the servicing and check-up of the vehicles.
3. Insuring the vehicles: It should also be taken care that all of a company’s vehicles are insured by a good insurance company. It must be ensured that all the premiums of the policies must be paid timely.
4. Maintaining good relationships with drivers: A fleet company should ensure that it keeps a track of all activities of the drivers and maintains good communication with them. This will ensure the drivers’ loyalty and they would put more effort into making deliveries on time.
5. Filing IFTA taxes on time: A business should take care to file its IFTA taxes on time. An IFTA form can be easily filled online and its payment can also be done online.
6. Using fleet management software: Many fleet management softwares are available online. They can be easily brought by a company. The truck repair software has both web or mobile apps which makes a driver’s job easier.
7. Using IFTA stickers: IFTA stickers are also provided to a company’s vehicles after proper registration. These help a vehicle to travel in any province and also show that full tax has been paid by a company.
8. Maintaining a proper license: A fleet company should make sure that it has renewed the licenses of all its vehicles, and if not then immediately it should renew the licenses after paying the penalties.
9. Filing an IFTA report timely: The company should also ensure that it files an IFTA tax report quarterly. This will help in effectively managing the business and drivers to travel easily.
Video Credit – Manuel Ochoa
Advantages of keeping the fleet running smoothly:
1. Helpful in creating intelligent vehicles: Combining the right technology will help the fleet companies in archiving fast and easy profits. Vehicles with fleet management software guide drivers and help them in timely delivery.
2. Improving cargo handling: Managing the fleet helps in handling the goods and products efficiently and makes a room for fewer breakages and less damage to the product. This in turn helps in increasing business.
“There is no situation like the open road, and seeing things completely afresh.” — James Salter
3. Bettering trade and communication: Managing a fleet company with care helps in providing better service. It helps in providing customer input which further assists in improving a business.
4. Helpful in routing and mapping: Effectively managing a fleet provides timely information that helps in selecting the best road, routes, and streets for delivery. This helps in saving time which further assists in making timely delivery.
5. Helpful in reducing expenses: Managing a company efficiently helps reduce unnecessary expenses with a cause because of nonpayment of dues or missing vehicle maintenance dates.
6. Helpful in making future decisions: A well-organized fleet company can make its future decisions with precision. This assists in making decisions about a delivery, shuffling the duties of drivers, and replacing a driver with others in times of crisis.
7. Increasing the supply chain: the more organized a company the more it will deliver its products and services on time. Timely delivery grantees full payment and customer satisfaction.
There are many reasons to manage a fleet company but mostly all businesses and companies should do so to ensure their success. In this competitive world, the company which provides the best services to its customers and manages to satisfy them fully will be able to incense its business and reach its full potential.